Monday, February 07, 2005

Knicks fall to Suns

I kind of boycotted this game (and by boycott I mean that I watched large chunks of it, but would keep my sanity by continuously seeing what else was on). I got my b-ball fix in other ways; by watching BC remain undefeated against Seton Hall; watching Notre Dame fall apart in the final minutes before a record setting crowd at the Carrier Dome, and attending the matinee Nets/Pistons game. And not that I want to spend any time at the NY Knicker-Blog talking about the Nets (unless we decide to pay homage to the late, great Drazen Petrovic), but there were a few noteworthy things about the game--which I did not pay to attend.
  • Vince Carter was amazing; he ended up with 41 and was just scoring at will against the Pistons. I know that I didn't want him in a Knicks uniform, but he showed glimpses of his pre-dunk contest brilliance.
  • The PA announcer at Continental doesn't have the chops to handle Vince: he kept awkwardly referring to him as "VC" and had nothing but lame comments like "Did you See VC!"
  • Darvin Ham was the most popular player in the building: during the halftime shootaround he was joking with his teammates and with several of the Nets, by far the life of the party.
  • The Nets didn't seem to like each other that much. While there was no Steph/Kurt Thomas bile on the court, you just didn't see them really joking around with one another. Vince Carter spent more time kissing Larry Brown's whistle at halftime than he did talking to any of his teammates.

No comments: